Saturday, February 13, 2010

My name is Khan and I am not a terrorist.


I got back a few hours ago from watching "My Name is Khan" at a random cinema just outside Richmond - the only one showing this movie. Last time I went to see a Bollywood movie at a cinema was back in Kuwait, atleast 4-5 years ago ... The movies are a minimum 3 hours and always have a intermission so your ass doesnt get numb from sitting down.

It had Sharukh Khan and Kajol, and thanks to the english subtitles I kinda liked it. I was about 5 mins late and there were hardly any seats left, I actually had to sit in the very first row - the theatre was packed with Desi people, kids, families and couples. Actually as I was walking down the rows I could smell that distinct scent of them, reminded me of back home!
My sisters love Bollywood movies and especially the ones with Sharukh Khan, he's more of an icon in India than Brad Pitt is here. It had a good message about religion and how its misconcepted; but very unusual - no dancing.



2 comments:

  1. bahahaha i love the reason for the intermission- so true. i'm glad you got to see the movie. i just watched the trailer online and it looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people in Kuwait left during the intermission thinking the movie ended! :D

    ReplyDelete