Tuesday, March 9, 2010

DAYS 3 & 4

Day 4 – Samana, Dominican Republic

Not the best start of the day, originally we were supposed to go horseriding and hiking down a waterfall in Samana. Due to confusion and mistiming we missed the whole event but instead went speedboat riding around the island – it was fast, really fast.

Halfway through we stopped at a village near a remote beach.
We were greeted by young kids selling seashells by the seashore (haha seriously), we bought a few for my sisters. Right there I had my first fresh Pina Colada (without the rum), actually 3 of them, we just sat at the beach and for some reason didn’t swim today. Took some photos there and then returned to the main dock. Samana to me was very underdeveloped – even for tourists so not a popular destination but at the same time it’s quiet and not many of the tourists visit them

As soon as we got back to the Pearl it was around 5, we were starving and ate, as usual.
They have around 7 restaurants too much food for the people on deck.
Spent a little time at the Duty free, got some Bounty chocolate and skimmed through the Art Gallery they have.
I think I’m pretty burned from the sun now!

DAY 3Entire day at Sea

I got really good sleep today at the expense of missing sunrise, had breakfast at a place onboard called the garden café and ate so much watermelons, pineapples but compared with my brothers who literally ate everything I had a lot less, my stomach isn’t as strong

played football on the 13th deck right til sunset , basically it ended up being my brothers, marzouqi and me – Arabs vs the rest– it was a lot of fun

After that I tried to race Abdullah rock climbing but I had an accident and slipped half way through, much pain, but he was happy to win – no worries I’ll get him another time


Spent some time at the gym with Yousef - weird when it comes to working out, the ship rocks back and forth so you get off balanced. Finished the night with an interesting game of ping pong – using 2 tables!


4 comments:

  1. I love places that aren't all touristy. You get a feel for how life really is down there. Places that are overdeveloped are all kinda feel the same...at least thats what I think.
    That's cool that theres a rock wall. I bet ours is better lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ansari! You're having too much fun! Trade places with me?
    Mmm.. Pina Coladas :)
    I can't even imagine how big that ship is, there are a million different restaurants and a gym? I feel like I would spend all of my time out on deck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realised you guys actually comment on my posts haha!
    I have very limited time on the internet so I will reply to everything and post photos for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha well I'm kinda living vicariously through you at the moment lol. Plus I really like it when people comment on my stuff, so I try to comment on everyone else's posts too :)

    ReplyDelete