Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 6 –Tortula, British Virgin Islands

The ship was moving slowly last night so it seemed a lot more still than usual throughout the night

I woke up at around 5:10 am from a dream, I was frightened and worried so I couldn’t go go back to sleep, I decided to go outside on the deck till sunrise. It was pretty quiet with the exception of an old lady sketching part of the ship on a small notebook. The ship ancored at 7 am at Tortula, a nearby Virgin Island.
Went back to the cabin to wake up the guys, they were deep asleep – we all got ready and made our way to Cane Garden Bay beach the route there was up and around a hill, crazy local drivers but seemed they’ve been doing this forever, maybe easily with their eyes shut. Made a quick stop at a local shop for grapes mangoes and water, also some Cadbury chocolate since it was a UK island.
The sun was hot, perfect weather to swim, we chose a place a little further from most tourists and went straight in the cool water, it was great.
The white sandy beaches stretch forever most people would describe this place as a paradise. After all the swimming we saw a guy selling coconuts, he had a huge knife and kinda looked like a Bob Marely, the accent too was Caribbean. Maybe the best coconut I’ve had yet. Then we saw another Bob Marley, with sunglasses and a basketball shirt selling fresh juice and started mixing our own fruits
After going back to the ship, we went to see a show called sharkbait, two really funny talented guys who use to perform at universal studios Japan, then 5 comedians from Chicago did some stand up comedy, picking out people from the audience and putting them in the spotlight – my youngest brother being one of them.
After that I went back to my room and got a voice mail from my mom, it was the dream I had, so I can say it was more of a vision I had early this morning

3 comments:

  1. I want to eat mangoes and jam with Bob Marley! I can't wait to see all of your pictures.
    I hope everything with your Mom is ok, iA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anisah, yeah alhamdullah things are well. I have to miss a week after Spring Break to take care of my sisters, just seems overwhelming with school but I have to

    ReplyDelete
  3. danggg, that's alot of school to miss. But we've got your back in Astronomy, and if you need any help or anything in Arab Cinema just lemme know :)

    ReplyDelete